Become a member
Membership in the Open Council does not entail payment of any fees. Each member of the Open Council can appoint two representatives, and they can only cast one vote. Members appoint their own representatives and replace them at their discretion.
Candidates to join the Open Council should meet the following criteria:
- They shall have their main focus on Translation and Interpreting Studies.
- They must be initiatives related to open access and publishing, such as (a) bibliographic databases, or (b) journals, or (c) book series publishers, or (d) encyclopaedias.
- Immediate upon publication, they shall grant diamond open, permanent and free access to published scientific works and request no fees for the authors. These are known as diamond or platinum venues. Exceptions may be made for not-for-profit article processing charges.
- They should have had substantial activity in the last two years.
Members will vote on new membership applications. Applications will be approved, and membership granted with a simple majority. Applications can be submitted to the secretary throughout the year, and the voting will be held twice a year.
Interested parties may request the secretary to invite them to meetings with no voting rights.
How to apply
Please fill in the following form to apply for membership to the Open Council. You can use as much space as you need.
- Applications submitted by September 30, 2021 will be voted on in October 2021.
- Applications submitted by February 28, 2022 will be voted on in March 2022.